Hey you, thank you for reading the very first Malaysian Brew issue. 📰
Save time and stay updated. Get curated bite-size community updates, stories and useful resources, twice a month.
Let's face it—We often consume news and stories from western sources. What about the underrepresented creators at Southeast Asia?
We want to amplify the voices of creators from Southeast Asia, celebrate their stories, give them our undivided attention. Because diversity in information consumption matters.
Our principle: Consistent value. We're still testing on the format, but Malaysian Brew aims to boost visibility for creators primarily in Malaysia and the rest of Southeast Asia. If you have any suggestions to make it better, let us know.
Let's get to it. 👋
Since then, it grew into a community of now 116 people with mostly Malaysians and several others from Singapore, Maldives and more.
So here's a gist of what's happening:
- Rachel shared about her journey in becoming a self-taught designer on a webinar hosted by Ee Von and Aaron from Sondr. Will share the full webinar soon!
- These local sustainable wood products by Harith aka The Green Carpenter are really high quality and beautiful.
- Khairul Nazran is building in the open with his RaspberryPi.
- Harith is bootstrapping Insight Tribe, a Q&A platform.
- Turn SVG into animation with LottieFiles. Kudos to Nattu, Karin and team!
- MVP, MMP, MUP and MLP - shared by Khairul Nazran
- Passion Economy - shared by Yi-Hui
- Chaos Monkeys (book) - shared by Kai Xuan Chia
- We got our very first few Telegram spammers, not a good thing but it's still a milestone!
- Forward School (Penang) is looking for a Full-time Digital Designer. Mainly focusing on producing/designing online content. Contact Jia Ying (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details.
- Shan is looking for a couple roles for his micro B2C SaaS startup: Backend Software Engineer (Python, Postgres, Rust), Digital Marketer Guru (with finance experience), UX Designer. Remote, 5 to 8 hours of work per week.
... and more in the community! Join in the fun.